Text type: Procedural writing
Click on the link for some procedural writing fun!
At the moment we are learning how to write Explanation Texts. This will give you an idea of how to structure your writing and what to include!
We’ve been having fun writing poems. You might find these pages from Spellodrome helpful.
Here’s a fantastic website with some fun games to help you learn about contractions!
This week we are learning how to write information reports. We will be using these text planners to help us structure and write them. Have a look at this example about spiders. It will give you an idea of how to structure your writing and what to include in the description!
Silent Final E
Five Spelling Rules for Silent Final e
- Silent final e makes the vowel say its name.
- English words don’t end in v or u.
- Silent E after the letters C and G “soften” their sounds.
- Every syllable must have a vowel.
- Sometimes the silent final e has no purpose whatever.